Thursday, March 19, 2015

Memories, of sitting in the back of the car, on the way back from San Francisco, staring out the window at the stars and constellations.  Back then, there were no smartphones, no trusty Game Boy Advance SP (long live the SP, what an absolutely amazing handheld)...car rides were oh so boring, except for times when I played word games with my brother and we quizzed each other on video game music.  We went through all of the Mega Man games, trying to list each of the Robot Masters and remember their stage themes.  But yes, lots of time just staring out the window.  When I was younger it certainly felt like I had much more physical energy...it wasn't like I could just let exhaustion take over and fall asleep, because well, I didn't =want= to sleep.  Just didn't want to be stuck in the boring car ride most of the time.  So much time spent bored in the back of that car.  Even when I was in late elementary school, my mother didn't want me to stay at home alone, so she forced me to go along with her, driving my brother to his volunteer work, going grocery shopping, going clothes shopping.  All I wanted was to be at home where I could dive into my video games, use the computer, do my homework, do =something=.  But instead I found myself getting a headache in the back seat of that car...

Things are much better now, though.  I'm in the front seat, driving, listening to my music.  Thinking...wondering...

No comments :

Post a Comment