Tuesday, December 6, 2022

I've been improving, slowly, at Pop'n Music.  I've switched to playing most charts on random, which -- although more difficult -- I've really been feeling has been helping me improve, especially for chords.  It's nice feeling that I've been (hopefully) building the right playing habits for PnM, as opposed to IIDX where I definitely struggle with some bad habits from having grown up on keyboard play and not having solidified my finger placements early on.  I tend to have timing problems and mash more in IIDX as well, and definitely never played on random, so....yeah.

The one downside of playing on random is that you get really awkward note combos like 1+4 or 2+5 which you either need to hit with a really outstretched thumb, or use your wrist/forearm.  But just like the non-awkward chords (that are harder to read but easier to hit), probably better to get used to all of those at these easier levels and speeds than later.

=====

There's a lingering feeling that I have, still.

I've far away.  This time, I didn't feel that anxious, "something is wrong" feeling at being whisked away to a different land.  It was a more subdued feeling.  I guess it's only natural.  I'll never like the way it feels, to leave and go so far, so quickly.  My spirit lingers behind.


No comments :

Post a Comment