Monday, June 19, 2023

"Please don't take my meowmie away", you said.  But did you ever think about the place that meowmie once called home?

I've been feeling really unmotivated lately, I can't tell whether it's normal, whether it's physiological, or whether it's some kind of depression or trauma response.  I keep saying that it's all alright because I still manage to stay productive even during these times, but I have also seen my productivity really go down as well, so it's something that I am continuing to monitor.  Maybe at this point what I just need is small discrete tasks that I can tackle easily, things like how I dealt with all my keycap stuff yesterday, as well as folding laundry and all of that.

Still, even in this state, there are some things that I don't really fail to do.  I wrote one of my annual letters to Kiki, and I've been managing meals for the house as usual.  Cooking, and indeed, planning for cooking, does take some nontrivial amount of time out of my daily life, but it's just incredibly rewarding.

Somehow my keyboard stuff (i.e. "new toys") is something that I'm really looking forward to for some reason.  I guess that's not a bad thing, it's always good to have something like that.

I passed Maxx Unlimited the other week, surprisingly, which really goes to show that my DDR skills and physical stamina/speed have really improved significantly since the old days.  I did another Max 300 clear without really breaking TOO much of a sweat (obviously still breaking a sweat though) as well, so yeah.

I finished off the last mission of my Very Hard Caesar 3 (Augustus) playthrough, yet I still want to just play the game more, haha.  I could start playing custom missions, of course, or go through the Military scenarios, maybe, but I'm also interested in seeing if I can record (segmented) video playthroughs (maybe narrated?) of each of the missions done "well".  I think Caesar 3 is really fun to just go at a level and play it for a long time, kind of like SimCity or whatever, but I feel like if I really want to demonstrate my mastery I'd be able to really plan out how to tackle each level and clear it =efficiently=, without dallying and wasting a ton of time, or having a lot of trouble with resources and finance management, etc.  This is much easier said than done, but maybe the easier levels will at least be somewhat straightforward to do it on.

Yeah, I dunno.


No comments :

Post a Comment