Monday, June 5, 2023

I'm doing pretty fine, yeah.

Grilling has turned out well, though of course maybe not exactly how I expected.  It's certainly not something I'd pull out every week, and I can cook more efficiently with either the stove or the broiler, but at the same time, it has its own sort of charm, for sure.  My grill setup is a little peculiar, so it's probably actually not the best for most things, but I'm still learning about how to do things best.  Ironically I haven't even cooked any chicken on it yet, despite that being the main thing I got it for.  Next time...

I went to Jammix this past Friday.  It was...fine.  I can't really lie, it wasn't really the best time, but I was honest to myself about it and what would have made it better or worse.  At least I felt beautiful while I was there.  You know, there is an element of self-confidence in being able to do what you want, but there is also an important element of self-confidence in knowing what it is that you want and don't want.  Now that my emotions have calmed down a bit since last month, I'm able to look back and think about how silly it was that I was considering some of the things that I was.  That's not to say that changes to my relationships weren't in order, just that...the way that I carry myself at dance really didn't need to change much at all.  But in the end, having thought about it more has helped me, if only because it brings me a certain kind of peace, understanding and knowing what is right or not right for me at any given moment.  Not only is there no need for me to force myself to do something I don't want to, there's simply no reason to, either.  Sure, there are avenues of my life in which sometimes I need to push myself to do something a little uncomfortable.  But I realized after thinking about it more that this was not necessarily one of them.  Happiness is partly about trying your best to make certain things happen, but there's no reason it can't also just be about having things happen to you.  I don't need to work so hard, all the time, for everyone.

I keep on going at it.  Life, I mean.  A little bit of this, a little bit of that.  Steady progress.  Tonight I dealt with some tax stuff, worked a little on some Rhythm Quest debugging, sent an email, etc.  There's still more work, where that came from, but you know how it is -- I did my daily dose of progress, that's good enough for now.

The Go Mode Podcast Mentor Tournament is approaching quite rapidly, which is really exciting!  In addition to that, I'm looking forward to playing more Caesar 3 / Augustus, really.  Most recently I finished Caesarea, kind of an annoying mission where you're tight on money and start with a terrible city that's about to burn down (and make Mars angry), and I'm onto Londonium, which looks to be a very large open map.  Only real challenge is that a lot of the farmland is on a large island in the south, so getting the food from there to more open areas might be a little tricky.  But I'm looking forward to it!


No comments :

Post a Comment