Friday, June 14, 2024

Sand Castles (3)

I watch, once again, as the tide comes in, and my castle washes away.  That blue koi that shone so brilliantly, disappearing into flowers.

"One of these days, the tide will come in for the umpteenth time
and my castle will still be there"

I wrote that 8 years ago.  Is it finally time for me to walk away from the beach?

I can hear a voice, belonging to someone who already swam across the ocean.  She tells me that I have grown so much.  That I should follow my heart, and try to smile.

I can hear a voice, belonging to someone who no longer exists anymore.  She tells me that she wants to shelter me from the cold waves, so that I won't cry anymore.

I can hear a voice, belonging to someone who tried to help me with my castle.  She tells me that I deserve more than to just build another sand castle by myself.

"Why?"

Maybe it's because I just thought...that's the only thing, that I can ever do.

I think...I don't want to build another sand castle by myself.

I can already see the tide rolling in.  I don't know what I'll do now.  But I know that those voices belong to people who are no longer here.

Maybe it's time that I looked for somewhere else to build my castle.


No comments :

Post a Comment