Monday, February 19, 2024

You always win some and lose some!  I've had some periods where I feel like I'm just succumbing to being really lazy and binging on videos or whatever, but then on the flipside I had an hour to kill while waiting for a call and I cleaned up some stuff in my room and vacuumed the floor and felt great.

I didn't really do a ton today but on the other hand I was out so I wasn't really supposed to?  And then I also got my monthly pixel art done, so maybe it's fine?

Something really silly and random that I'm going to try and do is close to keep my closet door closed.  It's a really silly and small thing but I =know= that if I do it it's actually going to like tangibly improve my daily well-being.  We'll see how that works out.  On the plus side, I realized that I actually had a free USB port open on my hub, so I swapped out the cable connector for my Neo80 keyboard with the wireless 2.4ghz dongle, so there's one less cable on my desk now!  My mouse still has a cable, I could look into getting a wireless one, but I'm quite fond of the feel of my pink razer basilisk and there's no wireless version of that =/  I'd have to switch to a different model; wouldn't be the end of the world and would certainly help on the odd days when I need to carry my mouse elsewhere (like today) but eh.

The bigger problem is my SNES controller which has a really long cable (at least I have it tied up).  I don't really want that to be wireless though, so I don't really have a choice there unless I want to do like I tried to before and run cabling under my desk, but that has its own set of issues.  Hmm...now that I think of it, I can just disconnect it at the adapter portion, so what I can do is have the longer usb mini cable connected directly to my tower and then running somewhere under my desk, and then plug into that, and then when I need to travel with it I can just get a shorter usb mini cable to use for it.  Okay, that might be the way to go...

I wanted to try and work on my Ice Palace routing video but I looked through what I had recorded so far and I felt like I was talking at too much length about it.  I'm going to just try and start over, rearrange some sections, and try to get through the content faster, hopefully it'll lead to a better video (and hopefully I can finish it...).

Bon Bon Ball actually went quite well, it was also pretty crowded!  I didn't really feel that sense of unease that I did at Jammix except for the one dance, but for that it was actually normal. I really don't know what was going on last week.  I guess I'm up to an above average amount of interfacing with the social dance kids lately because of all these events, but it's an okay cadence for me I guess.  I have to make a silly little detour on the way to Viennese Ball in 2 weeks that will make things a lot more hassle for me, but hopefully traffic won't be too bad and I can just listen to something nice on the way.  Probably just change when I'm over there.  I have a couple of things I need to do for my outfit actually, need to handwash a piece and then I realized that I'm.........too skinny for one of my base petticoat layers to use it while dancing......so I'll need to fix that up, sigh.  I better get on both of those before time flies by.

I mailed out a letter last Friday, so that was a small victory I guess.  Only one. though...

Well, tomorrow is another day.  Let's see how I can manage to get through it.  If nothing else, I have a short work week ahead of me, so that's good.  Sigh, thinking about Rhythm Quest work and all of these other responsibilities makes me feel weary, so let's not right now.


No comments :

Post a Comment