Wednesday, February 7, 2024

I'm not feeling the best, so I guess I should try to write a little more, right?

I had a nice trip, but am feeling a bit "empty" since coming back.  I think that just means it's time for me to find the excitement in life -- the things to look forward to -- as well as just making sure I have a good mix of the things that are good for me in the day to day -- healthy food, getting small things accomplished, plus treating myself.

I have a dentist appointment tomorrow to look at that tooth that I managed to hurt, so that's fun =/  Why can't my dentist appointments just be relegated to regular cleanings...?

Anyways, I put on the PE sheet for my Neo80 and took out the plate foam and it's pretty nice!  Maybe I should have done just one and not the other, but eh, whatever.  I'm going to have to take all of the switches off (again...) not just to try out the plate foam again, but because I forgot to install the standoffs on the PCB in order to try the o-ring mount.  And then I =thought= I had the stabilizers tuned well, but there's still a little bit of a tick on the spacebar (better than before, for sure), and then I realized the other stab bars might need balancing too.

The stabilizers on the Cycle7 seem better, but unfortunately, the PCB itself seems to be....nonfunctional.  Apparently this has not been a rare occurrence for the Cycle7, maybe they cut costs on the PCB in order to get the low price point.  Anyways, the good news is that it was pretty easy to get in touch with support and have them ship me a replacement; now I'll just have to see if that ends up working or not...

What else?  Um, I dunno.  I'm still a little behind on some of the things I should be doing, I guess, but I mean, that is all to be expected.  Right now the things that I can look forward to most is maybe like...keyboards and rando?

Oh, right.  I was going to write a little bit about Momodora: Moonlit Farewell.  It's been too long since I played Momodora: Reverie Under the Moonlight so I'm unfortunately not sure I can give a good comparison, but Moonlit Farewell was............okay, I guess.  I guess I can't judge it too harshly because I see that a lot of effort was put into it, it just feels like...it sort of misses the mark for me, and maybe others too.  The plot is rather unmemorable, there are some minor pacing issues in general, but probably the part that felt the most unsatisfying was the combat, which is a real shame because that's really a lot of what you end up doing in the game.  I feel like it is really trying to be something where you can use the dodge roll effectively to dodge (well-telegraphed) attacks, and your player attack combo is enough of a commitment that you shouldn't mindlessly spam it.  But there is just so much hitfreeze on the attacks, especially on the multi-hit part of the combo, it really messes up the whole flow of it for me.  That combined with all of the visual FX make it really hard for me to decipher exactly what is going on and get a good feel for the timing.  I was watching some video footage of Reverie Under the Moonlight and that seemed better / not as bad in this regard.  So in the end I feel like you just end up spamming attack a lot of the time and then guessing at when you need to dodge here and there.  This was exacerbated on the last boss(es) when you have your "awakened" form available and it really just did become a matter of spamming the attack combo for the highest DPS possible.  Which is really like the opposite of what the good final boss battles ought to be like, right?  I dunno, overall that was a really not-so-well-designed part of the game for me, which is a problem since there was so much of it.  The rest of the game was just fine, obviously the visuals are very pretty, but at the same time I also found some of them less readable than I'd like in terms of actual combat gameplay.  Sigh.

Well, that's it for now I guess.


No comments :

Post a Comment