Wednesday, July 1, 2015

It's been a while, hasn't it?

A bunch of stuff has happened, I won't bother getting to them in any specific order.

I went to San Francisco Westie Exchange (SFWX) this past weekend, which was hosted in Redwood City.  West Coast Swing!  Went to the critique session, which was helpful in identifying a few basic things that I can focus on, and then went dancing on Saturday night...I actually almost closed out the dance, stayed until 4AM when they were on their last few songs @_@.  It was really fun though, lots of good dancing and I got a lot of good practice both leading and following.  Super glad that I went, thanks to Marie for mentioning it to me!  I also met the most awesome and fun lady there and her husband, who were both excellent dancers; we had some super fantastic dances over the course of the night and I felt really happy to have met them and gotten a chance to chat with them a little bit.

My RTR cube finally got drafted at work!  It was fun; I think people liked it quite a bit.  It's never actually been drafted before (we always just used it for sealed pools) so it was a new experience.  I settled down into Orzhov pretty early on, despite passing a Deathpact Angel, and proceeded to get some deck with 11+ extort creatures (4x Kingpin's Pet lol).  It's not actually a super great deck; it's missing some strong ground defenders like basilica guards and the like.  There's some removal like an arrest and a killing glare but no Smite or anything.  It's got a palisade giant which is neat but not too many high-impact plays and it doesn't really do that well on board presence--it just extorts like crazy, which is fun.  I also have Crypt Ghast and Death to the Debtless, which is super fun ;P

Drafted DTK last week, got 2nd place losing only to the pod leader with a pretty solid/consistent RG deck.  A bit light on removal but it was good enough and ended up being a pretty easy draft to navigate.  I'm drafting MM2015 tonight so we'll see how that ends up going...only drafted it once before so I dunno if I really know what I'm doing, but it should be fun regardless.

Work has been going pretty well!  I've settled into my new team.  As an extra plus, it seems that we are auditioning some new catering companies this week, meaning good food!

Been playing The Last of Us and We Love Katamari.  The Last of Us impressed me quite a lot...the opening sequence in particular was pretty amazing IMO, and I think is an excellent example of what the medium is possible of and how it should best be utilized.

The Ecstasy of Life Album is now pretty much finished up on my end; I've sent out requests for guest remixes so I'm just waiting on those and the album artwork and then we can get it released!  I haven't actually been working on any music in a while since I skipped OHC last week, so I want to get back to trying to make something soon.  There's a project I'm supposed to be trying to do some sketches for just to see if I can come up with anything good, and then I also should be trying to do the last few songs to finish up the "DanceBit" album--which I don't think I'll call "DanceBit" in the end as I don't actually think that's a great name.  Even "ChipDance" is better I think, but maybe I'll just call it something different entirely.  Anyways, I can try to make a polka song or something.  Or if I'm lucky, a WCS song!  Because those are awesome.  Just recently found some that I've heard out on the dance floor but never knew the name of, so that's cool.

Lots of things to do...yesterday I finished up doing a bunch of cleanup on a laptop, reformatted it and installed Windows Server 2012.  It's still kind of chuggy simply because it's my super old MacBook Classic from like early 2008 or something, but now that it's been given a clean and fresh start it should be at least more usable now.

Me and some friends are thinking to start some adventures on RO again!  We're hopping onto IntenseRO, a midrate server that I once played on before back in the CS181 days (see cs181ro.blogspot.com).  I've been taking screenshots and might blog about any adventures we have, maybe here as opposed to on the ol cs181 website, heh.  Should be fun!

Lots of things to do still...need to catch up on housework too; there's a big pile of laundry to be folded and I need to clean up the bathroom and blahblahblahblah.  Some letters and such to catch up on too!  Blahhhh

Been teaching KJ to drive!  So far so good, though it was definitely stressful/scary at times O_O

What else?  Played through The Witch's House...sometime I need to set aside time to come up with a website design for ddrkirby.com as well. =X

3-day weekend this weekend though, hooray!

No comments :

Post a Comment