Saturday, July 13, 2024

The weekend is off to kind of a weird start.  Not bad, just weird!

Yesterday was also interesting I guess, had a rough start to the day and then decided to just do a "reset" of sorts and just sleep through the afternoon.  Played some rando (went well, was fun!) and even managed some Rhythm Quest work at night, but I wanted to try and plan to start on level 6-3 today to make sure that I felt good about achieving some real concrete progress.

Today I worked a bit on prepping A Day in the Life of Death for localization (got a request from a volunteer translator), made lunch of course, but then I ended up spending the afternoon on "sad time" which meant a bunch of poetry and songs and going over past letters.  It wasn't something that I super anticipated but I guess it was, you know, just time.  It happens, it's a good thing to get to every once in a while.  I flipped the FB switch for good measure, though it's largely a meaningless gesture.  But anyways, here we are.

What's weird is that somehow even though my day was all helter-skelter and I was like half multitasking, I still managed to make some good progress on level 6-3.  Didn't finish it or anything like that but I actually managed to create something pretty coherent sounding and actually....a really good chorus/drop section that really came together somehow.  I'm actually super amazed at how I manage to have success even when I'm half-distracted and doing these things while on a casual voice call, really makes me appreciate just how much time and practice has gone into making my workflow natural.  It's not like I'm "dialing it in" in terms of using the same instruments all over the place either, there's an attempt to use different sounds and such, but yeah, somehow it's going well.

The rest of the weekend is probably going to feel a bit weird too!  I'm waking early tomorrow for a yacht trip of some sort (hah!) then I'll have to work on an early dinner and then finally make it out to that WCS event that I've been meaning to for months.  Sunday I've got some obligations as well.....hopefully it doesn't end up feeling like my weekend slips wholly away from me.

But eh, maybe even if it does, maybe that's not so bad after all.  Monday isn't the =most= terrible thing, now, is it?  Speaking of Monday, I actually scheduled some time on Monday to get a little closer to Sayuri.  That should be really interesting....not quite sure what to expect from it.

As far as other updates...I finished my 32-heat runs of Hades, so I'm officially putting that game down (again) probably for good.  As I mentioned last time, after a while it really just became mostly about finding the right heat modifiers to put on each run.  Turns out that 40% increased enemy speed really isn't THAT bad and ended up being the pick for some of the weaker weapons (Zagreus Sword...), letting me weaken some of the other heat modifications like extra damage and extra shields.  Once I really "figured it out" as far as those modifiers go, it was just a matter of not getting too screwed over by bad luck or anything, and then it was just fine.  I ended up doing a crystal beam run on 0 heat as a sort of "victory lap" and that was quite fun, I got pretty much every single boon that you'd want in a crystal beam run, so that was fun watching Hades just melt away.

I successfully took my mentee to a victory in my first mentored race this year, so that felt good!  My decisions kind of all paid off as well, which of course isn't always going to happen, but felt good in the moment.  Feels good to start off strong I guess.

Yeah I dunno, it's really a mix of feelings that I have I think!  Like, I'm both unexcited and excited about life at the same time.  Feeling like I want to meet new people and also like I don't want to meet anyone.  Feeling like I'm tired of doing work but also feeling good about doing work.  It's a weird spot for me to be in, but I'm just sort of rolling with it for now.

The less I write letters, though, the more I continue to worry that a part of me is continuing to die.  It's not even like a huge deal, like I wrote a letter just last week or whatever, but it's still bothering me.  Like, that side of me has taken some really harsh blows over the past few years.  Can it really be nursed back to health?


No comments :

Post a Comment