Monday, July 8, 2024

Soooo I mean, it was an alright weekend, really.

I made it out to a new tea place that I've been meaning to check out, and it's actually wonderful!  They don't quite have the variety of white teas as the other place does, but that's honestly fine, as either way my favorite white tea is the one that I have at home, anyways.  This new place is nice in that they give you your own kettle and you can just sit there for as long as you want and keep brewing more of your tea.  I was there for about two hours last time, I imagine I'll be going there to just hang out and spend some quiet time from time to time now, it seems like a great place for that.

The ALTTPR Mentor Tournament is really underway now and some people are starting to actually play their matches as soon as [checks watch] today!  There's a lot of good energy going around as people try to work on soaking in as much knowledge as they can.  Hopefully I can help my mentees improve and feel like they get something nice out of the experience -- maybe even take some wins along the way.

I've been continuing to do 32-heat runs of all of the weapon aspects in Hades.  I've managed to actually do ALL of them except for one so far...the last one remaining is the Zagreus aspect for the Sword, i.e. the first weapon that you start the game out with, and probably the weakest/worst weapon in the game.  So far, honestly, after re-learning how exactly to play the game, and how all of the enemies function and all that, these 32-heat clears have been less about boon builds and more just about trying to make sure that I can pick the right combination of difficulty modifiers that stack up to 32 heat without making it impossible.  The time limit, in particular -- a lot of weapons I can make it through with just 5 minutes per biome, but for some weapons I had to crank that up to 7 minutes, which of course meant that I had to add 3 extra heat somewhere else, maybe through making the enemies faster.

The melee weapons have definitely all been harder than the ranged ones, but I'm more used to it now, so it's been manageable.  There have been some runs where I just kinda lucked out into a good build, but more often than not it's either I get through with not that many problems and end up with a lot of resources to beat the last boss with, or I don't even make it there in the first place and end up just running out of time and life way before that.  Anyways, I'm feeling cautiously optimistic that I can make things work with this stupid sword...

The sadness still comes and goes, it's a little unpredictable, actually.  I think today I felt it a little more than usual, since I didn't really "get a ton done", as opposed to yesterday when I put in some hours toward Rhythm Quest and all that.  It's not like I just lazed around and did nothing today though, I did an ALTTPR mentoring session, prepped some letters for voter outreach, and filed my sales tax return, and of course cooked my two meals for the day.  I think part of it is the Rhythm Quest thing, but also part of it is just that I simply AM sad.  There's not really a way around that.  The best I can do is just to take care of myself and keep doing the things that I know will help me be happy.  Hopefully I can find myself doing those things.


No comments :

Post a Comment