Friday, October 28, 2022

Things are good.  Better, certainly, than when I wrote the last post.

I have some new friends to hang out with in the South Bay, it seems like...that should be nice.

It's been a mix of relatively good things lately, I think.  I continue to try my best to get things done here and there.  A music commission piece done, another one mostly done.  Pixel art done for the month.  MA set of Rhythm Quest animations.  Another devlog post.  Groceries and cooking.  Monthly album release.  Another Christmas letter here and there. ...  Tomorrow is going to be trying to pick out some new glasses, maybe sharpening the knives, and god willing, maybe even starting on another Rhythm Quest level...

I tackled another Caesar 3 mission (Mediolanum).  My modified housing block seems to be working pretty well -- and I might even be able to compact it in the future since it seems like the 10x small temples might actually be overkill.  I might be able to swing the lever back in favor of more (potential) housing in each block.  Still, this mission was quite challenging, mostly in terms of keeping my finances afloat.  I am going to have to experiment in the future with spending more employment on raising city sentiment (entertainment, food types, desirability) and then raising taxes past 7% to supplement income more.

The next mission is Carthago which is annoying for two reasons: it's in the desert (fire risk up), and you start with a half-assed city being ransacked by natives.  On the plus side, said natives trade with you eventually, so I think money probably isn't an issue here once you really get the city rolling.  We'll see...


No comments :

Post a Comment