Saturday, October 22, 2022

Mmm, yeah, things are doing alright.

I used my epipen for the first time yesterday, so that wasn't super fun =(  My food allergies aren't life-threatening, so I was taking a risk, one that I've taken before in the past, but apparently this was my unlucky day, and I figured relatively quickly that it was probably going to be better to get stabbed by the autoinjector than to deal with the negative effects.  It was a little more painful than purported, maybe I wasn't fully relaxed or perhaps it was a little misplaced.  My leg was sore, but it did its job...

Anyways, that was not the most ideal start to the first meal of the day.  That was quite draining for me so I ended up spending the rest of the day in bed, which kind of threw me for a loop.  After "dinner" I began my "day" in earnest and stayed up quite late (as expected), managing to do a really good bout of work on Rhythm Quest (mainly a bunch of localization-related tasks).  As messed up as the rhythm of my day was, it felt great being able to just sit down and be productive in that way.

As always, I'm trying to figure out how to make life better for the chickies.  Whitechicky is still growing back her feathers after a very thorough molt, so she's very unhappy at being picked up (or bullied), I feel bad for her and hope she feathers out soon.  I've tried setting up a divider to stop dumbchicky from bullying her, in the end I might just have to end up setting up the second coop to have them live their best life.

A challenge with balancing my 3-days-a-week job and Rhythm Quest is going to be that when you have 2 weekdays off work, it's really tempting to just occupy those days with all of the miscellaneous stuff that you never got to during the other parts of the week -- vacuuming, organization, grocery shopping, chicky chores, that kind of thing.  Not to mention the million other things that I always have spinning around in my life -- music commissions, Christmas and birthday letters, producing content for ALTTPR, filling out my ballot, etc.  Given that, I feel like these past two days have been a great step in the right direction, as I've managed to put some good progress toward concrete tasks for Rhythm Quest.  Hopefully this is a sign of good things to come...

Speaking of my ballot, I mailed mine in already...I'm ahead of schedule as I tend to be.  That is just what happens when you just steadily allocate time to these things bit by bit.  I was pleasantly surprised with the measures on the ballot for my city; besides a few egregious offenders they actually mostly seemed reasonable.

I'm thankful that last night went well, working late at night.  I know there's a world in which instead of getting absorbed in productivity I simply felt lonely.  There are two sides to those late nights...the freedom of being alone, and the pain of being alone.  Sometimes I'm not really sure which one I'll get.

Today, has been pretty okay too.

No comments :

Post a Comment