Friday, November 13, 2020

Right, of course.  I got a second DDR pad so I've finally been going down the road of learning to play Doubles.  I've always heard that Doubles is more enjoyable and really unlocks a lot of diversity in patterns and play and I have to say that it does not disappoint.  Crossing between pads is whole new skill and besides just learning to internalize proper placement (even harder than before) you have to figure out how to read crossovers like never before.  The punishment for getting off is wayyyy steeper than before because doing a bad double-step can not only leave you on the wrong foot but also just simply in the wrong place on the wrong pad, so mistakes are harder to just recover from without missing a beat.  Accuracy and timing seems to go out the window at first as well; you really just need to recalibrate everything...


Aside from all that, you're simply moving around a lot more so you're just getting more exercise.  It's been fun!  Right now I'm still doing 8s, 9s, and 10s on standard to get into the swing of things and get some practice, but bit by bit I'll have to step it up into heavy/expert mode and get used to more complicated patterns.  I've been reading at 1x since helps to have more time to prepare for oncoming patterns and attempt to read the crossovers.  It's definitely a brand new skill trying to figure out which way to orient and whether to cross in front or behind based on the patterns.  Something that will just take a bunch of practice, I'm sure.

I ended up downloading Zero Escape: The Nonary Games, so I've got plenty of reading material ahead for myself...the rest of the Animorphs series of course, then Virtue's Last Reward, and even Read Only Memoies.

Speaking of Animorphs, dang, even after the David trilogy went down, book #23 is really good/intense too...the depiction of near-suicidal depression that Tobias goes through in a couple moments in this book really hit home for me.  Unfortunately, as longtime readers already know, Tobias's struggles are far from over =( =( =(  But the Tobias/Rachel romance really shows itself in bloom in this book too.  What a great pairing...

Can't tell whether I have been slacking or not.  On the plus side, commission work has been so far so good, and I even got the Chinese translation of Goodnight Meowmie up.  I have been having the itch to start another custom MtG set design again, but nothing will come of that until I get some good ideas, really.

Things to do:
- Reformat and finish the Ikenfell critique
- Organize articles/reviews section on website
- Flash swf downloads and instructions on website
- Brainstorm for Hide and Seek
- Monthlies album art
- Start wrapping/sending out xmas stuff (rip Nob Hill USPS =(...it's going to be that much more of a hassle to ship things now)
- Some more letters/handmade gift stuff?

Maybe I ought to do the weekly ALTTPR seed as well...

Prisoner Correspondence Project keeps staring at me from my todo list as well, though I keep on wondering whether now is a good time to sign up.  Perhaps it is, seeing as how I have been AWOL from the social studies world ever since October kicked my butt.

No comments :

Post a Comment