Monday, July 24, 2023

That depression that was getting to me seems to have been short-lived, somehow.  The longer-term malaise, I'm not really sure either way, to be honest.  There are levels to it, I'm sure.

The four of cups showed up today...stable emotions, yeah, but also just apathy and a lack of motivation, which seems about right.  I'm not sure what the mysterious "way out" is supposed to be, though.

The mentored-race portion of the Go Mode Podcast mentor tournament is officially concluded; I feel very happy with some of the progress that I've seen, though unfortunately my mentees' results don't speak of it.  Mentoring was a great opportunity not only to share knowledge, but to think even more deeply than before on some of the complicated questions in the game (when do you check left side swamp...).  I created some additional educational content, and hope to continue doing so as I have time and motivation.

I only managed one of the three things I had to choose from to do today, but at least I finished it (Rhythm Quest update).  The monthly pixel art drawing and the letter-writing will have to wait until another day.  Which is fine -- one thing done is more than none, and that is really the most important thing of all.  I was mentoring for most of the day anyways, which took a lot out of me; I'm surprised I managed to get as much done on Rhythm Quest as I did.  Honestly, looking at my "tasks completed" columns, they've been strikingly large for the past two weeks, which is good to see.  The game continues to get better and better with each week spent on it, that's really all I can ask for, regardless of whether I can deliver on my release date or not.

Cooking continues to be mostly a joy; there's just always satisfaction to be had in different dishes.  Even when I'm not feeling super up to it (like my second cooked meal today), there's still enjoyment to be had.  I roasted some quails and carrots, and had some brown rice and green onions.  A simple affair really, I didn't even do any sort of teriyaki glaze/marinade like usual (the quails weren't thawed out fully anyways...), but I decided to use brown rice with a sprinkling of green onions; that really hit the spot and went with the meal well I think.  It's really quite rare that I have brown rice, I had forgotten exactly what the flavor was like, so it was a welcome taste!

JaSmix planning continues and we finally have a date for the event (August 12th).  Choosing not to host a workshop myself was definitely the right decision; not regretting that at all right now!  I'm confident that I can at least handle the rest of the event; the next big things are going to be to construct my private lesson signups and to wrangle all of my staff to make sure we have everything put together.

I skipped OHC last week, quite unceremoniously -- a rarity for me!  I really could have done it, too, just decided that I didn't feel like it.  Part of the reason was because I was originally supposed to mentor a race at that time (which got cancelled...), the other was that I just felt tired and wanted to just hang out and laze around while playing Pokemon Unite or whatever.

Taking breaks from constant steady (even slow!) progress is something I've always seen as dangerous.  Losing a good habit starts with "just one time" that you slip up; it's happened many a time before.  But I'm also learning where it's important to apply myself, and where it's maybe not as important.  OHC seems to be lower down on that scale now; it's sort of a been-there-done-that kind of feeling as far as that goes.  Of course, there's no shortage of things I can still learn through OHC, but at a certain point I feel like I don't NEED to do every single week of it, right?  Well, inertia is still a hard driving force for me, but this week it might actually be out of my hands as I've got other commitments anyways.  Well, maybe it's okay.  Again, learning to prioritize the right things is still a fine thing.

My search for mech keyboard switches has finally come to an end, as I got some KTT Strawberry linears and installed them.  They're not necessarily what I initially had in mind for the board, and yes, my fingers do miss the tactile switches (the U4Txs were quite nice!), but it's a great combination of smooth feel, nice sound (dampened by o-rings as to not be so clacky), and overall a sensibility that seems to just "make sense" with the board.  I'm not 100% done-done with the keyboard, as some ticking seems to have come back with some of the stabilizers (I'll do some work on it....later), but these are really the switches that I want to be in this keyboard, I think.  There's a possibility that I could see about lubing the switches if I wanted to, to make the sound a little more consistent, but that is quite a bit of effort and maybe not even the best for these switches in particular, so, ......eh.  I've got better things to do.


No comments :

Post a Comment