Wednesday, July 26, 2023

TAEYEON - INVU / Tina Boo Choreography

I remember back in middle school, maybe high school, when it would happen more often -- that I would become obsessed, infatuated with one thing, to the point where I simply couldn't help but be entranced, fixated on just looking at the same thing over and over again.

It happened when my brother introduced me to SSX Tricky, the sequel to one of my favorite games at the time.  It was a sort of nightly ritual, watching that grainy 240p (if even that) downloaded clip of the intro to the game, getting hyped for it and wishing that I could just play it already.

It happened for some of the glowsticking videos that I came across, too.  And okay, yeah, sure.  It probably happened with some people who I thought were beautiful, too.

And of course, it happened with music, too.  Getting "stuck" on a song, hearing it over and over again because it's just THAT good.

That sort of thing doesn't seem to happen to me as often anymore.  Maybe it's because our experiences are so diverse; our entertainment constantly feeding us new imagery, new content, new videos.  You refresh your page and all of a sudden you're provided with a fresh slate -- all of those videos, tweets, posts that you were just looking at, vanished into the aether of the algorithm and the feed forever.

But it still does happen.  Sometimes.

 Sometimes I get so captivated by a simple movement.  Even just the way that someone is standing.
I search my mind in hopes of rationalizing just what it is that makes this person's motion speak to me.
But I'm helpless to explain it.

I can barely see it anymore as something that I admire, or even aspire to.
Rather, it's something that I can only witness and behold.
 
I just watch it again and again.
...I'm not really learning or gaining anything each time.
It's just something I can't help.

And that's okay.  It remind me that there are things for which I can still feel love in this world.

(source for clips is Tina Boo's Choreography of TAEYEON - INVU)


No comments :

Post a Comment