Friday, March 29, 2024

Things are going alright, I guess!

I finished watching Sousou no Frieren!  There were a few points when I was a bit worried that they were taking the series in a different direction and sort of forgetting their themes and what made the show good, but I enjoyed it all the way through and overall it was one of the more enjoyable shows that I've watched in my memory.  Really refreshing and covered good ground that I appreciated.

Rhythm Quest work continues...I caught myself at this moment earlier tonight wondering whether I had done enough work on it today.  Sigh...it's always an eternal struggle.  The year is already 25% over, after all =/.  Well, I'm doing a good job of trying to bounce back and forth and just work on different things here and there, I guess.  I'm starting to work a lot more on bonus levels, which is nice because it's very concrete and fun to work on, but of course there are a ton of other things that need attention, too...

Therapy and life in general have been going well I think!  I had a pretty good couple of days this past week, feels like I've managed to empower myself to fix up some of the things that I've been unhappy with, and in general I think I've been getting more well acquainted with self-love and self-compassion, in various different forms.  Not just the emotional spiritual stuff, but even just the day to day pragmatic taking-care-of-yourself kind of thing.

Carnival of DEATH 2024 is upon us, and I've started trying to de-rust a bit in TGM so that I can hopefully put up a 500 (or even an M rank) in this year's Carnival.  We'll see how I end up doing and whether I manage an M over the week.  I'll just give it an honest shot.

I missed this year's Journey anniversary due to being out of the country.  I was considering the thought of perhaps doing a make-up journey, but perhaps I'll just skip this year.  I think I've finally gotten to the point in my life where it no longer feels important that I catch every single thing that I usually commit to.

Speaking of which, the next Ludum Dare event is coming up in just 2 weeks.  It's been what feels like ages since I did one of these, so perhaps we'll try dipping our toes into the water again.  We'll see, I guess?

I'm slowly feeling the tendency to want to sleep later and later...it's something I'm now having to try and actively stay conscious of.


No comments :

Post a Comment