Monday, November 27, 2023

Xmas letters: 28 down, 3-4 to go.  Besides the fact that I'm behind on schedule, writing these has been nice this year.  I had a few in particular that I think were really nice to write.

It was an okay long Thanksgiving weekend!  Yesterday I achieved my goal of doing my monthly pixel art drawing, and today I achieved my goal of working on Rhythm Quest stuff.  I'm still overdue on a devlog post (not to mention a mailing list update...), but hopefully I'll be able to just squeeze that in soon.  I'm doing a lot of good work with custom level stuff (there is so much to do...), it's nice to have "good work" to do that isn't too entirely taxing on the creative front.

My new orb lights came in!  They're working really nicely to cozy the room up, especially at night.  Only real shame is that since they're mounted behind me they do cause a little bit of glare on the monitor, but it's really not too bad and there's not really a better placement for them.  I haven't really finalized what I'm doing with a bunch of the other stuff in my room, but progress is progress!

After somewhat of a rocky / false start, I'm actually sitting down and playing Gran Turismo 4, with the old racing wheel from my parents' place (that my brother got once upon a time).  I'm using some texture mods and shader reworks to modernize the graphics of the game a little bit (it really doesn't look as good as GT3 stock, honestly...), and am now working my way through the very early stages of the game where you have very little money and not a lot to work with.  Now that I'm actually sinking some time into driving with the wheel (and now that I actually have it working well), it's certainly been a new experience.  You can really feel the difference with the handling of the cars when you have force feedback for your wheel enabled; the fastest car that I have right now is unfortunately an MR that spins out really easily if you're not very delicate with it.

I ordered another TKL keyboard, haha, this one just because it was so dirt cheap at $59 for a gasket-mounted aluminum board, even comes with RGB.  It's not perfect, but what do you really expect for $59...?


No comments :

Post a Comment