Monday, November 13, 2023

Things are ok!  I seem to have come down with a tiny head cold, maybe, but it's not too bad, thankfully...

Christmas letters are usually done by this time of year, but I'm about...2/3rds of the way through, only.  Well, probably less than that, since a lot of the ones I have left to write are the longer ones.  Just have to keep on chugging away at them, nothing else to do.

Rhythm Quest has been going "OK", just another case of "just sit down and do the thing".  Even if I only make a little bit of progress each time I do, that's perfectly fine.  I don't need to necessarily have another spurt where I work on it for a ton, I just have to make sure that I'm chunking away at it.

I'm enjoying my new keycaps a lot already (if only I had the actual board they will go in...), and have decided to just rotate switches once in a while; may as well, since I have all these different sets.  Currently I've been on the SP Star Magical Girl tactiles for a while; it's a refreshing change of pace to be on tactile switches again.

Super Metroid sub-50 will happen, I just have to keep on trying runs and eventually I'll nail one.  I have enough possible time save throughout that I can really make quite a few mistakes, as long as they aren't too major.  Even one kinda-bad mistake is probably okay as long as I can recover and play well otherwise, but...yeah, it's mostly just about stringing together a performance where I hit all of the big stuff and survive till the end.

Been enjoying running Risk of Rain Returns!  It's been a good long while since I played any RoR1; the release of RoR Returns actually caught me off guard.  There was an initial weird adjustment period where I was both rusty in playing the game =and= unfamiliar with the new changes, so everything felt weirdly "off", but I think I'm settling into the way that the new game handles a little more.  There are some interesting changes and tweaks to how everything works....nothing major, just little things like the ability to strafe while firing, or just the way that moving, shooting, and turning works in general.  It's neither good nor bad, just...different, I think.  Overall though I'm enjoying it; I can tell some things definitely feel better (sniper back-roll into charging a shot feels like it works much more smoothly, maybe I'm misremembering though).  There are some balance changes present for sure, but it's hard to judge exactly to what extent and how much.  But it's fun anyways!  I should fire up RoR1 once or twice to get a good comparison at some point.

I've been finding a way to enjoy myself at dance, despite it all, that's nice too.  And I guess, I am also doing my best to be beautiful.

I still play DDR here and there.  I'd love to get a clear of Start a New Day on expert double, but that is just not gonna happen for a long long time; my stamina can't even carry me through the latter part of the song at 80% speed...


No comments :

Post a Comment