Saturday, October 28, 2023

I keep doing my best to push onward.  I wouldn't say it's exactly easy, but I keep on going nevertheless.

Will I be able to be beautiful?  Sometimes, I really feel like I have been.  Sometimes.

Anyways, I ordered some more skincare/beauty products.  Just aiming to add simple things at a time for now, slowly going and seeing what is needed in my routine.  Unfortunately, my skin seems to have broken out a little bit over the past 24 hours or so.  I can't tell yet whether it's because of the bb cream that I used or the face mask; the weird thing is that I've used both of them before, particularly the bb cream.  I'll have to pay a little more attention the next time I use either of those two products, I guess.  Sigh.  I guess it is never really too late to really learn about your body and about these sorts of things.

Trying out a new set of keycaps -- the ones that are going to go in my Cycle7 which hopefully will come in some number of months.  I'm excited about these!  They took some adjusting but they are really quite pretty and pleasant to work with.  They were definitely more clacky than I was used to, coming from the pom jelly caps that I have o-rings installed on.  But it's not unpleasant at all.  It's useful getting to try these since I think it made me feel like they should be used with linear switches.  I mean, I'm sure some tactiles would be OK too, but I think something delicate and soft seems to fit the aesthetic here.  I ordered a set already, but really cheap ones on a budget (otherwise I would have spent some more time deliberating, maybe even ordered a test swatch/kit).

I guess I am trying to just make progress on something, day by day.  Today it was taking care of my monthly pixel art.  Yesterday it was writing up a devlog post for Rhythm Quest.  I gave the oven racks a scrub, ran the self-clean cycle, and wrote another Christmas letter.  Like I said, it hasn't exactly been the easiest.  I wish it felt more exciting and automatic sometimes...I know it has felt that way at various points of time.  But you know, it's not always going to be like that.  Sometimes you just have to just keep walking forward.


No comments :

Post a Comment