Monday, October 30, 2023

Blogging is great, really.  I always knew that.  It's no wonder why I used to do it daily back in high school.  Such tumultuous times...when I was forced into half of the things that I did, and the other half that I wanted came with so many strings attached to pointed needles.  Yes, I denied my sadness, denied my stresses.  I had to; admitting that they were real would mean unlocking the closet and letting them all burst out.  And besides, I had lost the key to that door, anyways.

=====

I set out today to do at least one of two things: work on Rhythm Quest or record a bite-sized rando video for ALTTPR.  I set myself to work on Rhythm Quest, so I guess by that metric it was a success.  I definitely felt myself needing to hurl myself over the hump of activation energy required to take a stab at working, but fortunately, all of the little bits and pieces are okay to work on.  Proceduralizing the task, as it were, is so important.  Trying to make X do Y is such a concrete and defined goal, it's hard not to just keep on going at it.  But it's important, too, to have the strength to get over that initial hump.

I wrote two Christmas letters, even did some research for my rando video, and spent another chunk of time sorting out a few of the drawers in the kitchen, so really I ought to be patting myself on the back.  Am I?  Honestly, maybe just writing out my feelings like this is more of a reward than that would be anyways.

I got a new (small!) foundation cushion to try; I like it so far!  I appreciate it being available in a smaller size, not just because it's cute and cheaper, but mostly because it's a product I've never used before; you'd hate to buy something and then discover that you got the wrong shade (spent a good deal of time trying to figure out which one to get...), or worse, that your skin doesn't really react well to it.  But...that's besides the point.  It's just one step along the way, but already, it helps me feel and look better.  It's a nice feeling.

Tomorrow is the start of a new week.  I have some small things to look forward to, and that's all that matters.  Find those small things.  Look forward to them.


No comments :

Post a Comment