Thursday, November 17, 2022

There are good days and "ok" days.  That's only natural though, you aren't going to win everything all the time, sometimes you just take the L, you know?

My cough (which ended up being allergy-related...?) is doing much better, so good on me for getting a second opinion on that.  Unfortunately I ended up with (everyone's favorite) some insurance baggage to deal with since my insurance changed due to changing counties, which threw things off.  A headache for future me to wrestle with, to be sure, along with some other annoying finance-related management stuff that I'll have to start thinking about now that the end of the year is drawing closer.

I DJed at Friday Night Waltz and enjoyed putting my best self out there despite (due to various factors) not many people at all coming out.  Nine years ago I put on my first dance event, which also had a really small crowd of people show up...it's really interesting thinking back on how much I've gained during that span of time and how differently I run my events, in almost every single sense.  I guess the one thing that hasn't changed is my responsibility and preparation efforts.  Sure, nine years ago I didn't put great music in, and my mannerisms were probably off-putting at times, but I still did my best to make sure I had everything under my belt to the best of my then-limited capabilities.  That much hasn't changed.  I definitely could have just phoned in this FNW event, there were a LOT of things that I did not have to do but chose to do anyways.  This is not only because I hold a high standard, but because sometimes it is satisfying to do a good job even if in the end it doesn't really make a huge difference.

I cleared another Caesar 3 mission, and continue to revise and iterate on my preferred housing block(s).  I've discovered that my denser blocks need two, or even three markets to properly supply food and goods to all of the residents, so that's something I'm starting to add into the plan, along with some additional entertainment to keep sentiment up.

I finally pulled the trigger on some LTEK hard pads for DDR.  Those will take a while to arrive, but they should be really fun and shiny to play around with and spur me on to play a bunch, maybe try to just go down the setlist of DDR A or whatever.  Interestingly enough, I actually ended up buying them after first looking at Beatmania IIDX controllers (I have a stubby KOC one only).  I'm not sure that I'll end up getting one of those though...maybe if I end up downloading a more modern BMS client (mine is ages ages old) and try more charts out and feel inspired to, but else I should maybe just stick to pop'n.  Perhaps I should download a PMS client as well, or even try one of those stepmania forks?  Lots to experiment with on the rhythm game front, for sure.

Rhythm Quest continues to chug along somehow; I drew up some backdrop sets today without too much issue, so it's nice to know that I'm still able to function creatively for the project -- that's always a source of uncertainty.  But I guess that sort of creative productivity IS something that can be trained -- certainly, after many many many many iterations of One Hour Compo, I feel like being able to make a song is a given instead of a flip of a coin.  My pixel art is getting a little closer to feeling like that, perhaps.  Someday my freestyle dancing may as well.  There's levels to it, anyways.


No comments :

Post a Comment