Thursday, July 7, 2022

I'm doing okay, I guess.  Better than last week, certainly.  Just trying to keep going, trying to remember what is worth fighting for.

Feels like I haven't really worked much on Rhythm Quest this week because...I didn't yet, actually.  Took Monday off and today I actually found myself doing other stuff -- recording a Patreon video, updating Goodnight Meowmie with added translations, did an ALTTPR ladder race, and went to the post office as well.  Doing my best to slowly work on all of these different things.  I need to start writing more, too.

Chicky ducky.

SimCity 2000 is another one of those games that I've been thinking about recently, so I decided to (after a surprising amount of struggles trying to run it) try playing it a bit.  It wasn't super bad, but wasn't all that great either.  I guess that's not super surprising; I've been spoiled by games like Caesar 3 (particularly the open-source remake) after all.  Beyond the clunkiness of trying to run the game itself (the speed settings are pretty bad...the highest one just disables throttling and basically runs as fast as possible, which of course is a problem when running on modern computers), the game isn't THAT interesting...but it still scratches that sort of basic city-builder itch of trying to lay out things in a grid and make sure everybody is happy.  Still, I don't think it's one I'll feel the need to revisit.  Caesar 3 and Master of Orion 2 on the other hand...I always keep thinking of those.  Maybe someday I'll also manage to finish an X-Com game.

We must put aside many things in order to keep the ones that are important to us.

The wheel continues to spin, slowly but steadily.  Will I be ready for everything that comes?


No comments :

Post a Comment