Monday, May 25, 2020

Three-day weekend, huzzah!  Perhaps the only thing better than having a 3-day weekend is, of course, having a 4-day work week...

Yesterday was filled with quite some excitement...we butchered 3 quails and cooked them in a curry recipe.  Turned out alright -- I think pairing the quails with strong flavors is a good choice since it can get a little squeamish if you just taste the raw flavor of quail.  If we do any again (hopefully we won't have to in the near future) I will probably try marinading them.  I have really gotten used to....."taking care" of the quails.  The culling process was a little interesting this time as I used the....."pull the head off" method.  Which seems very intense, but actually is very quick and proven to be a humane method.  Just takes a little bit of mental preparation, of course.  Plucking and cleaning all 3 of them out definitely took time, but I am pretty used to the process by now.  Who would have thought that a little dainty princess like me would be OK with such things....

Played a lot of DDR last night too!  Very fun, and I think I am starting to get my old stamina back.  Was able to pass Dead End and Dynamite Rave, for instance.  We'll see if I can do stuff like Drop Out, haha...Not sure what other hard songs I used to use as benchmarks...I should try doing DXY! at some point, I remember that song being quite a workout.  I'm starting to get a lot more comfortable with crossovers, there's been a couple songs that have been good for working on those.  Of course, recognizing some of the patterns ahead of time is still beyond me at this point; it's something that will take some practice and foresight.

Missed this week's r/alttpr seed, I instead just did a practice seed...maybe I shouldn't have, but it ended up being a new experience as it ended up being my first ever pedestal seed xD  I think I last locationed the bombos medallion (on pedestal) for getting into Misery Mire...amazingly, the run was only a little bit over 2 hours, despite =feeling= much slower.

RO adventures continue...My character is doing pretty well, although we are currently at a point where we're not sure exactly what we should be doing besides leveling up.  There are some instances and dungeons that we've tried that are definitely beyond our reach at the moment, so not quite sure what the best way to proceed is besides just doing more of the same sort of exp quests.  We got the 3rd member of our crew back into the swing of things today, so that was fun.

Panel De Pon released on Switch, and I managed to clear all of the first puzzle mode!  I remember getting stuck somewhere on level 4 in the past....feels nice to have cleared it.  Apparently there is an entire alternate set of puzzles -- I am currently most of the way through those, but stuck bigtime on puzzle 6-7 or so.  Only a few more.... It feels good to actually work through these puzzles, they're actually pretty satisfying!

Of course the main attraction in PdP/Tetris Attack is time trial / endless mode, and though I'm not hoping to break my previous records or anything, I've been drilling that a bit, just hoping to get my chaining chops back into shape.  It took a bit of practice to jog my memory and all, but I managed to hit some 13x chains already, so it's not like all of my skill is gone.

Took today mostly just to relax and not really do any work for once (a rare occasion, to be sure, usually only triggered by having done a lot of stuff the day before).  I have to admit it does feel nice, but we all know I'll be back at it sooner rather than later.  Speaking of which, that Unlock Everything update went out, and I did my monthly pixel art illustration as well.  Soundtrack commissions are going OK too!  -- first try on all 4 of the tracks I've made, yay!  Just have to polish all of those up at some point, maybe in the coming week, all things willing...

It's rare that I can feel happy even despite knowing that we have left part of our past behind.  I think that really speaks to what we have with us now, and how important it is.  Not only that, but the fact that where we are now is connected so strongly to where we have come from.  It is only because of all of those experiences that we are here right now.  So in that sense, the past is not truly gone, even though we can never travel back to it.  As long as we continue to remember...

No comments :

Post a Comment