Thursday, May 21, 2020

A bunch of stuff has happened...I feel like I've been falling a bit behind on some of my regular maintenance tasks (monthlies art, finishing music).  Not sure if that's a bad thing (I'm lazy) or a good thing (I'm occupied with other stuff in a good way).

Adventures in Ragnarok Online have been continuing!  As always, you can catch those updates over on http://cs181ro.blogspot.com/.

I've finished re-remembering the 42 combined form for taiji, so I will just be doing those two (24 and 42) for a while now.  At some point I wanted to see if I could pick up the Chen 18 form again, but....

instead I've been spending a lot of my exercise time with the new DDR foam mat!  Pretty super fun, I've downloaded pretty much all of the songs that I'm familiar with (DDRMAX, DDRE, and DDR, Disney Mix, and Konamix for PS) and have been having a blast with that.  I'm starting to finally get down to figuring out how to read crossover patterns too, which is a new challenge in and of itself.

Mental health....sort of just oscillates at this point, sometimes (understandably) in conjunction/correlation with my sleep schedule.  In general things are going pretty ok, but there are patches here and there where some extra self-care is needed.

We finished up Birdie Burglars and have now thrown it up for both iOS and Android, hooray!  I applied a bugfix to Nyamo's Adventure, now am working on time attack modes for Unlock Everything (to help out the speedrunners), and will look into adding some speedrun quality-of-life improvements for Colors of Your World as well...

Sometime in the midst of all that I've gotta also finish up some more music, as well as do the pixel art for this month.  Phew.....

Tetris Attack, or.....rather, Panel de Pon, hit the SNES virtual console for Switch!  I had some fun taking a go at it and seeing how rusty my chaining skills are.  It took me a while to kind of get back into the swing of it, but I'm pretty decent now!  Of course, I'm still much worse than I used to be back when I was in my prime.  Pretty crazy to think that at the time I was consistently hitting 10-13x chains, and even getting to the point where getting side clears was actually starting to be important.  What a great game...it's a bit of a shame that VS mode was sort of nonsensical, but I definitely spent many an hour grinding out skill chains in Tetris Attack and Puzzle League for GBA.

Been continuing to do weekly aLttPR runs...that's been fun too.

No comments :

Post a Comment