Thursday, November 14, 2019

You are not welcome

I've been blogging for 15 years and never have I have never felt threatened to shut my blog down until now.  I won't, of course, I'm better than that, but don't think for a second that I won't resort to some drastic measures to defend myself.

The sad thing is that I was actually doing just fine in pretty much all respects until a certain individual decided to try and be "helpful".  I've been fortunate enough to be able to continue doing what I believe in and expressing myself the way that makes me happy, not having to deal with trolls, spam, or malicious intent, despite being brave enough to post about things that most people would never speak up about.  And then this person comes along and just can't keep their mouth shut despite having the unexpected (and unintended) privilege of being a reader.  In the end the biggest threat to my blog came not from malicious intent but from plain stupidity.

This is not just a warning.  This is me shutting the door, because you were never welcome here in the first place.

No comments :

Post a Comment