Sunday, September 17, 2023

Had a weekend retreat, of sorts, really nice.  But I guess really I feel like my experience starts a bit earlier, on Tuesday when I had some socialization, self-care, other care, and a good night's sleep.  Wednesday I thought for sure that I was sick because I felt incredibly tired, but turns out my body was just telling me to catch up on rest, which I did.  That must have pushed a metaphorical reset button for me because I felt really refreshed afterward.  Thursday I had another outing -- which went well, and then I kicked off my weekend retreat of sorts where I took a short hop over to another city to stay with a friend.

It's been a really nice couple of days and I'm feeling happy, validated, motivated, excited, all sorts of other positive adjectives as well.  Of course, there's that bit of trepidation at the back of my mind about some of the things that I need to take care of when I am back, but it's not really too bad, especially in the face of the positive emotions that I'm feeling.

I was reminded (again) of why I care so much about making Rhythm Quest, but I was also reminded of how far I have come in my personal life as well, on a separate note.  And I know that there is hope that I'll be able to regain both my past happiness as well as my past diligence and motivation.

It's rare that I feel so good about life, especially after some of the things that I've had to go through this year.  It's always hard to take periods of time and point at them as being 5 out of 5.  But it is, now.


No comments :

Post a Comment