Thursday, January 30, 2014

Did you know that I was starting to cry yesterday at Deca rehearsal?  Haha, it wasn't even because of anything that happened during rehearsal...it was just...music.  I think it was some Owl City song or something, haha.  I don't even remember the lyrics or anything, which is funny.  I mean, sometimes songs get to me just because the atmosphere is so amazing, the textures and the harmony and everything.  That's the case for things like Picolescence and Depth Perception.  Then there's songs that get to me because of their lyrics, like Thousand Years.  And there's songs that get to me because of their emotional connection with past events...like Sixpence None the Richer songs, or this song from the Tower of Heaven OST.

But none of those were the case this time.  I didn't know the song, didn't know the lyrics, didn't have any emotional connection with it, I don't know at all...I just heard it and I just wanted to start crying.  That's music for you, I guess.  Silly, isn't it?  Wonderful.

No comments :

Post a Comment