Monday, August 19, 2013

Not sure what to write in here anymore, seriously.  I really don't know.

Well, anyways.

On Friday I went to visit the band kids at my high school...I couldn't go on Saturday since I was hosting my dance.  Everything was completely foreign...not just the kids there, but the staff as well, the field, the track, the fences...everything.  I walked around and made sure to stay out of everything, made sure I didn't make the same mistake that I did before of wanting to poke my hands into it.  It's not mine anymore; I have no business with it.

I went into the band room, just kind of poking my head around.  I was looking at the award plaques...even those are new.  The Edith Cegelski one...the one that was up there only had 2 names on it.  I don't know what happened to the old one--the one with my name on it.

Probably the only thing that I really recognized there was "Beach Is to Fun".  It felt pretty nice, seeing my book still there.  Heh.

It was kind of sad, just going there and not having any connection to anything at all.  This was such a big part of my life, you know?  It was one of my only real passions at the time.  The only person who I knew there was K, and...I didn't really want to talk with him.  He saw me in the band room, actually, and just said "Hello."  ...which meant that he didn't recognize me.  Which is alright...I look different now, and I again, I really didn't want to talk to him.  But I smiled to myself inside a little bit, knowing that he just walked past his former head drum major without even realizing it.

Saturday was the dance I hosted.  The setlist is posted here.  It went pretty well.  We probably had about 20 people or so show up?  So it was more or less like last time.  I'm not popular enough to get everyone to come to my events, which is okay.  I think it's just because of the kind of person I am.  I'm not, don't know, can't socialize with people.  It's okay.

The people who came seemed to really like it, so...again, more or less like last time.  So that went really well.

No comments :

Post a Comment