Saturday, June 25, 2022

Life has been okay, but today was a little rough.  One of the ghosts from my past visited me in a dream and it reminded me of how some things never do come true.  We only grow more distant from them and wonder what else there is in life to keep us going.  Sometimes we find those things, other times we don't.  Either way, I lay in bed for a few minutes before doing anything else.

I've been continuing to spend a good chunk of time doing ALTTPR runs, while at the same time trying my best to maintain progress on Rhythm Quest,which is still going along relatively well; as well as I could ask for I guess.  All I can ever ask for is consistent forward progress for anything in my life, after all.

I'm 2-1 in the mentor tourney and now that I've taken that initial loss, my mental state may be a little bit different.  I've been doing a lot of races on the ladder (3-3) which I think has also been a good way to get into the mindset of racing and having something on the line.  If nothing else, I'm glad that I've been able to put myself out there and put myself in a situation where I'm just as likely to win as I am to lose.  The difficulty of doing that in the first place should not be underestimated.  Of course, my gameplay and decision-making has improved quite a lot as well.  It's always nice to practice something and put in the hours; really think about it and then have that effort pay off in proficiency.  It's just what I like to do, with everything.

Guess it's a shorter update today.  Maybe I'll return here sooner rather than later, though.


No comments :

Post a Comment