Monday, May 2, 2022

Things are okay.  There's been some good, and some bad, as of course is commonplace.  I didn't get enough sleep, for no good reason...I'll be trying to catch up a little bit.

Rhythm Quest

First things first, Rhythm Quest is now up on Steam for wishlisting!  I've been spamming the link for everyone to hopefully go check it out and wishlist it, and I'm up to a...decent (?) 100+ wishlists after day one.  I'm sure there's a lot more that I need to do in order to get that number up (gotta get those metrics up for store visibility...), but as with everything I do, that's something that I'll try and approach gradually, as it makes sense.

Here's the link: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1635640/Rhythm_Quest/

Movies

I've watched a lot of stuff recently -- somewhat uncommon for me -- but it's been nice.  Turning Red and Everything Everywhere All at Once were highlights, but first season of Avatar was not bad either (a mix of "decent", "good", and "eh..." at various parts).  I watched Encanto as well; that one was more just "oh, it's a Disney movie", so more unremarkable in its actual storytelling.  I finished reading Crying in H Mart too...lots of stories about intergenerational relationships.

Pokemon Unite

A new season of Unite released, along with probably the biggest balance patch that they've had so far, nerfing two of the most-used held items, including a massive nerf to buddy barrier, meaning everyone is more squishy in teamfights.  By far the biggest change has been to the way that experience is gained, which has been......interesting.  I can't say I agree with the change, though part of the experience is definitely tarnished by the fact that there's a passive exp bug with evolution-based pokemon now, which somewhat conflates the issue.  But the long and short of it is that games seem much more snowball-heavy now since neutral farm seems to be less rewarding and KOs seem to be much more rewarding.  In theory you might imagine that this rewards more skill in terms of getting a lead and keeping a lead as opposed to having too much comeback potential, but the reality of it is that it just makes the game seem very volatile (especially in an environment where you can't control what happens with the rest of your team) and offers less play to combat an early deficit (or at least that's what it feels like).  This could be partly just due to people not understanding how to adapt to the new balance of things, but...I'm also not confident that the average person's play patterns will change much.  It's a bit of a sour taste that reminds me of the worse aspects of other MOBAs that I've played, so...we'll see.

Chickies

The two chickies are doing just fine still -- dumbchicky has gone through her (apparently regular) cycle of brooding and then molting and is now finally back to laying again (sigh).  They've been getting a lot of outside time these days when I'm around; I think they just prefer it that way anyways and I feel relatively safe keeping them in the run during the day while I'm around.  I'd better look into getting them a real coop and run combo next year, I think they'll probably be more happy if they can go and forage and nest as they please...


No comments :

Post a Comment