Wednesday, August 5, 2015

I could be a better friend.  Also things are weird.  I feel like I wanted to write something more but I totally forgot what it was...

Losing in MtG due to variance doesn't really bother me.  In fact I almost feel like it offers a shield under which to hide your losses sometimes (which you have to watch out for).  When you lose to variance it wasn't really your fault.  Sure, you "should have won" b/c you are the better player or have the better deck or whatever, but it wasn't your fault that you didn't.  It's a different situation than when you're playing some fighting game or RTS or something and you blow it because you did something stupid or choked or something.  In that situation I get the bad feels because damn, I lost to somebody I "shouldn't have" lost to, but there's nothing else to blame but myself really.  I dunno.

No comments :

Post a Comment