Sunday, February 12, 2023

Managed to get around to penny modding my LTEK metal pads for DDR (after finally accumulating enough pennies, lol) and it's been great!  They were already more or less "fine" for singles play but for doubles the increased sensitivity really helps a lot, you don't have to land squarely in the middle of the pads to register steps anymore.  I had one or two really enjoyable sessions since then, and also discovered to my surprise that DDR A has some pretty nice tracks and doubles charts.  It looks like over time the Konami charts decided to introduce more complex stepping patterns and crossovers in their doubles charts (maybe their singles charts as well?), some of which I was initially skeptical of but I'm finding that I'm actually enjoying them a fair bit.

Find that I've been playing quite well in Pokemon Unite lately, dunno what it is, maybe I've just landed on some pokemon recently that are easy to push a ton of damage and carry teams with, but that's been rather rewarding as well.  I'm a bit rusty in my rando play though...

Had an initial half-assed attempt at conquering Lugdunum in Caesar 3 and...yeah, I'm going to have to try that one again.  Money is tight so it's important that you set up an industry relatively quickly, but employment is also a big issue since it takes so long for people to immigrate.  I started with trying to make settlements on the cliffs with the farmland, but I think that's the wrong strategy and I should instead focus on the island with the farmland instead, as it's much closer.  Setting up trade with the natives is also probably going to be important (although a new trade route for marble/pottery also apparently opens up 2 years in, that should help a lot).  We'll see how my next attempt goes...

I've got an errand to run down in the South Bay on Monday so I'll stop by Dancebreak probably to dance with the Stanford kids, but I realized recently that because of Austria Fortnight it'll actually only be 1 hour of dancing after their lesson ends.  I was initially a little bummed out but now realize I can just plan to go early and do some solo practice by myself since it's been a while since I worked on my freestyle.  That will be good to try and improve at again...

In the meantime, VBall is coming up again, which should be interesting to go to again.  I feel oddly...confident?  In knowing how I feel about certain things relating to the event (maybe not in the way you might think).

I did a good job finishing out level 5-1 for Rhythm Quest but I need to make sure I don't get complacent and try to complete a draft for level 5-2 if I can next week, that would be ideal...


No comments :

Post a Comment