Sunday, July 19, 2020

Awake at 4:30AM, typing up a blog post and eating a home cooked meal after working on an art project.....what more could I ask for, really?


Flea problem has mostly been solved, thankfully, after a bunch of hard work (and vacuuming...mostly vacuuming).  Life was honestly just sort of on hold while that whole situation was ongoing, so it's good to finally be able to sort of live again.

BLM stuff, which I'm really now beginning to refer to more generally as "Social Studies" took a pause as well, though it seems like I'm back at it again now.

Cooking has been going quite alright.  I tried making smashburgers and they were both fun to make and tasted great as well, will definitely do those again.  There's a couple other things I want to try sometime too, like I wonder if I could make a decent biryani/mansaf dish (slow-cooked lamb or chicken with yogurt sauce, and rice), or even some nice roti with a curry sauce.

I got hit by a random itch to play some games from the past, but this time not even SNES games, but BBS/door games, of all things.  I downloaded a telnet client and found a still-running BBS and made an account so that I can play some...amazing that people are still dedicated to running these things.  Funny because I've never actually played any of these BBS/door games on an ACTUAL bbs, I only played them locally on a single computer.  But hey, ~25 years after BBSes basically faded from existence is apparently not too late to get in on it.  Pretty amazing...

Have been doing some netplay here and there on the Slippi rollback build and it really bugs me how I =swear=, the slippi netplay build responds just a hair slower than the FM 5.9 build, even offline.  online, sure, I can understand, since you've gotta add the delay frames to account for latency.  But I don't really get why offline would be any different.  Maybe I'm just going crazy.  I tried measuring the latency with a hispeed camera and it seemed to show a difference there too, though maybe my sample size was small and I'm just going crazy.  Bleh.

Did another alttpr run tonight, getting what was a very good time for the seed despite some silly execution mistakes.  I'm getting better...just gotta keep practicing.

No comments :

Post a Comment