Sunday, March 8, 2020

So right, bunch of things have been happening, I guess?

Covid19 continues to be the talk of the town, I don't really want to say anything more about it aside from the fact that JaSmix April 2020 seems to be an unlikely thing at this point.  Better luck in the summer!  The whole thing has necessitated a lot of shutdowns of public gatherings, and we all know what that means -- a break from social dance!  I for one am....not super unhappy about that, I've always written time and time again that dance isn't a priority for me.

In a (fortunately) unrelated turn of events, I've caught some sort of cold this weekend, so I've been spending my days resting at home and not doing too much (as opposed to staying at home and getting a lot of stuff done).  Of course when I say "not doing too much"....I'm still doing things here and there.  I took yesterday to catch up on some letter-writing (2 letters), and I've also been doing a bunch of LttP randomizer practice!  I did two runs over the past two days, with some very respectable times of 2:07:20.59 and 2:05:49.22, not too shabby at all!  Today I took some time to load up the practice ROM and work through some things that I've been struggling on, including:

- Vitreous fight (without silvers, using the goo to setup spin slashes)
- Argghus fight (with the glitched hookpoke setup)
- Kholdstare fight (I can't quite execute the dashpoke for this, but at least I can try)
- Ganon fight (esp phase 1, with the trident spin slash)
- Armos Knight quick kill (can't do it consistently, but I can do it)
- POD turtle room
- Some Ice Palace rooms
- Some Ganon's tower rooms

There's still much to learn, but it's been very fun doing these runs!  I'll have to start doing SMZ3R sometime...

I can't really tell whether work has been super busy or not lately, I keep on wanting to say that it has been quite busy because there are a lot of things to keep track of as we approach our next deadline, but at the same time it feels more about "average".  Which is good because I imagine that I'll be taking it easy for the next few days as I recover.

We started watching Keep Your Hands Off Eizouken!  It has been pretty great so far, very fun and kind of inspiring as well.  I also took a chance yesterday to catch up on Steven Universe Future, since, eh, why not?  That reminds me....:o  I have to catch up on both Chihayafuru and Haikyuu :o  Anyhow, SU is...more SU.  I mean, I dunno.  Steven Universe is an interesting thing in that there are parts of it I like, parts of it I appreciate, and parts of it that I could do without too.  Thinking about it as a whole, I think it's a bit strange, I feel like when I think about the beginning of SU, I'm not really that impressed, I feel like it was "cute" and funny but not particularly interesting.  But when I think about the later parts of SU I also feel like it got too complicated and big to appreciate on the same level.  I think SU turned into a bigger thing that it had been before, with musical interludes, new fusions, etc.  I think that stuff is all new and exciting and great, but it wasn't really what I liked about SU during the time when I actually did feel like it was something I was very interested in.

But I don't have a particularly high bar for these things to clear, I'll still watch something that is good even if it's not perfectly suited to my tastes.  So that is all fine.

Blogging feels great.

No comments :

Post a Comment