Friday, March 13, 2020

I'm...not actually doing the best, I guess.  2 AM and can't sleep, I feel stressed for some reason, so here I am.  Might as well try to do something productive with myself (if I can) while I'm feeling like this.

The cold that I caught last weekend has seemingly evolved slightly -- the fatigue is still there, but now my nose has become pretty much nonfunctional, ugh.  I've been feeling pretty lackluster in terms of motivation to do a lot of things, but that's not really something I can blame myself for at this point.

I finished my second SMALttPR (Super Metroid x A Link to the Past Crossover randomizer) seed!  Clocked in at just under 4.5 hours, though I split that across about 3 days worth (with pausing in between) since I didn't have a chance to just sit down for 4-5 hours straight or anything.  Was fun, but I feel like I spent a good half hour of that trying to track down my last go-mode item (bombos medallion), which ended up being in Ice Palace -- a pendant dungeon for my seed.  Ugh.

Some execution-related things that I remember being bad at that probably deserve more practice:

- I died in turtle rock...more times than I'd like to admit.  I didn't have boots and the stupid mini helmasaur beetle in the screen before the laser bridge really wrecked me, as well as the hard hat beetle on the laser bridge itself...
- I failed to kick up dust while using somaria in mire, so I wasn't able to do spooky glitch properly.
- Probably the number one thing that I'd like to practice is speed booster short charge zebetite skip.  I don't know how to do it and I feel like that can make a huge difference in ammo needed for mother brain when you don't have ice beam/charge.
- Failed on the Kraid quick kill.  Part of the reason for this was because I had no bombs, and I don't know how to position myself for the optimal quick kill without bombs.  So I tried for the "slower" quick kill, and failed.
- Failed on armos knight quick kill, but at least I tried...
- Failed on the tower of hera bomb jump once, boo =(  I should probably learn to do that one without the spin slash setup.
- Had a bunch of problems with running out of power bombs in SM.  Not having bombs is pretty annoying.

Overall I feel like I did ok, it honestly felt like I had kind of lousy luck trying to hunt for that last medallion.

Earlier today I got to stop by Dumpling City in Palo Alto to pick up a bunch of frozen dumplings, and also managed to stop by MUJI in the Stanford Shopping Center (so deserted...) to buy like 15 kitchen sponges.  It looked like I was stocking up for the apocalypse, but really this is just my normal order of sponges -- they don't always have them in stock and these sponges are so much better than regular ones...

Also stocked up on a bunch of snacks from MUJI as well!  While I was in that area I ended up stopping by Anatolian Kitchen to get some of their manti for lunch :3  The Ana's Apron manti are really yummy and unfortunately really hard to find =(  Wish I could just have another few bags of frozen ones...='(

As far as Melee goes, my defensive game needs work, I keep on being hit by stuff I shouldn't be hit by.  Just need to develop better habits...on the plus side, I'm finally able to get kills with Falcon, finally.  I don't have a super good flowchart for it, but at the very least I can dthrow and read an option with a knee and get a kill off of it if I'm right.  That was something I was working really hard towards, so it's nice to see that finally come together.

Yeah I dunno really.

No comments :

Post a Comment