Sunday, March 10, 2019

Things have been going really well, actually :)

I don't actually have anything specific to talk about, but thought I should post an update anyways.

Let's see, been playing some Tetris 99 lately, which has been pretty fun!  My win rate is about every one in three or so which is pretty decent.  I'm still really trying to get a handle on multiplayer stacking strategies, like trying to manage center well stacking while making t-spin doubles and such, as well as just getting better at general things like good downstacking and things like that.  I'm starting to look at a few other situational t-spin setups, like Imperial Cross and DT cannon (I love that these all have names) which all seem really fun, but quite hard to get a handle on how to really implement them mid-game.  T-spin stacking is a bit tricky to manage too, I can see the setups just fine, that's the easy part, but actually managing the rest of the stack well while trying to set things up and wait for the necessary pieces can be a bit tricky.  I think I also need to pay more attention to how the pros "abort" a t-spin setup where the bag randomizer doesn't really seem to be cooperating (though I guess maybe the pros just know enough other situational t-spin setups to just deal with it in any number of creative ways).  Things like "donating" and shifting your well around (often without even breaking btb bonus) look really cool and this is definitely the most fun I've ever had with an SRS/guideline-based game.

I've been grinding a few things in Melee, pretty simple stuff but all good things to work on.  For Falco, just general shine/waveshine combos involving platforms (something that really takes a while to get used to), for Fox working on upair followups after uthrow onto a platform -- the instant upair to cover missed tech and/or tech in place, vs delayed upair to cover rolls.  For Marth, various uthrow followups and different percentage ranges, like getting a nice utilt->regrab around 30-40%, and tippers at 50-60%, as well as uthrow->usmash closer to 100%.  At some point I need to put some time into Sheik foxtrotting, and also Peach float aerials, but eh...

I guess this is just becoming a gaming-centric post, but I have been playing a bunch lately, which is a good sign as it means I'm letting myself actually relax for once.  System Shock 2: Ponterbee Station is continuing, and I'm also making progress through Dead Cells -- now on 2 Boss Cells mode (newgame++).

Still continuing the regular grind with making music and album artwork.  I have enough OHC entries to come out with a volume 4 of All in a Day's Work, so need to draw up some new artwork for that as well.  Work work work work.  I still get a bit worried when I think about how April is only a month away already.  I guess I need to work more on Rhythm Quest, that would (????) maybe me feel better.

Oh, I guess I should mention (I didn't already?) that JaSmix happened, and went pretty well!  We (and by "we" I mean "I") tried some new things this time and got some useful feedback which will help inform future events.  Will have to decide whether to put another one on before the end of the school year or just wait until our regular summer event.

Finished watching the second season of Sangatsu no Lion!  It was such a good show, one of the top ones for me for sure.  It felt incredibly real in its themes, maybe because it really resonated with the things that have changed in my life over the past years.  I tried watching a few episodes of Boku no Hero Academia but it didn't really stick for me so I'm (finally) watching Yuri on Ice now instead, ha ha ha.

As I said, things are going pretty well...I'm not sure whether I am closer or not to finding an "answer" to my constant obsession and worries about getting things done, but maybe that is not something to be "answered" after all.

No comments :

Post a Comment