Sunday, February 24, 2019

I finished Unavowed!  Overall it was enjoyable, but not amazing.  Going through the game and hearing the characters interact with each other, as well as solving all the little puzzles along the way, was entertaining enough, and I mentioned before how I enjoyed the moral/philosophical choices at the end of each chapter.  I think it falls a bit short of really pulling all of it together in the end, though.  The choices you make do come back and have an effect on the last chapter, but.......more of an inconsequential one than anything.  And really, that's the whole thing with these choice-based narratives, is that if you only introduce all of the consequences of your choices at the very last point in the game, there really isn't that much it can impact at all.  Sure, you can make a bunch of different endings, but if all you got is a different ending, did that really change your experience playing through the game?

Anyways, I get it though, making branching narratives is a lot of work and that's why Life Is Strange is of a rare and amazing breed.  But I think even without the branching issue, I feel like I wanted something different from the last chapter, really.  Ah well, but I can't deny I had fun.

=====

Been having some interesting feelings lately.  I have a vague idea where they might be coming from, though nothing for certain.  It's been a while since I felt quite like this, I think.  Hm, I guess I can't really say anything more about it, unfortunately.  Things will get better, in time, but perhaps in the meantime I could stand to spend some more time with the past.

=====

Sleeping has been working out a little better these days.  I'm back onto a more regular schedule, something like sleeping from 2AM until 10 or 11AM.  I seem to be having a really hard time waking up in the morning though, so I think things could still use a bit more work.

No comments :

Post a Comment