Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Song Spotlight

Continued from http://ddrkirbyisq.blogspot.com/2017/06/overratedunderrated-songs.html, but I'll repeat some of those here too because they still deserve more attention...


This time with YouTube streaming embeds!



Raven Delivery Service
A song I wrote for Ludum Dare!  The B section of this song is EPIC.  This song has been coming up quite a few times on my playlists lately and every time it is awesome.  It's a keeper for sure, that progression is just wonderful.



Take to the Skies
Another Ludum Dare song and a solid one that made it into my "Best of DDRKirby(ISQ) - Volume 1" collection.  It's actually got a similar progression to Raven Delivery Service...the whole VI-VII-I thing is one that I fall back to a lot because I love the feeling of it.



Pixel Warriors
This one isn't actually released yet, but dang, this is definitely the best 2A03 (NES chiptune) work I've ever done.  Short but sweet.  Look out for my upcoming all-8bit album someday.



Legend
Still really proud of this one.  Probably my favorite waltz song that I've written.



Memoirs of a Whale
Remains my most involved and proudest work to date.



Devotion
Although "Fortitude" is more interesting, this one is a perfect example of my root style -- upbeat, intense chiptunes.  The halftime drums breakdown at 2:38 is pretty epic.



Frozen Here
From the YouTube comments:
"A quiet town covered with snow, and a hooded girl walking down a dimly lit street at night." -- Mi

No comments :

Post a Comment