Friday, August 12, 2016

Listening back to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zvs2cwrqPFE fills me with a warm sense of nostalgia and reminds me of how much hope there is in my dreams of creating more games -- games that bring joy to myself and the rest of the people who play them.

Games, too, are a part of my past and present.  Reminders of a "better" era, when we sat down in front of the TV and really enjoyed exploring these worlds.  This track in particular harkens to something like...Brave Fencer Musashi, I guess.  The pastime of really sitting down and enjoying something wholesale is something that is important, I think.  I think it's really sad when I hear that people don't play "real games" anymore because they just don't have time.  The idea that you don't have the time in your life to sit down and enjoy yourself is really sad...

Of course, I think what they really mean is just that they have more important things and other things that bring them joy, so maybe delving into these universes and gaming systems isn't something that they "need" anymore.  So that's ok.  I do miss my SNES though ^^;

No comments :

Post a Comment