Monday, August 17, 2015

I tried to write a song for flashygoodness, but somehow, nothing I tried really expressed what I wanted it to.  Maybe it's because I wasn't quite sure what I wanted to express in the first place?  Or maybe, I'm just really bad at expressing certain things, feelings, emotions in my music.  It's as if all I'm doing is pulling the music out of a drawer; there's only one color, one type in the drawer; it's not an empty vial that I can infuse with my own substance, but rather, something that just "comes" in a natural form.  I guess I had similar issues when I was trying to write to Aivi & Surasshu, too.  I wanted to express to them, the loneliness and darkness that I felt during that time, and how their music was a bright light that came into my world and provided me with an anchor.  But in the end I couldn't really express that, or at least, not consciously.  The only thing I could do was to play...to play, with their music, to put it into that drawer and take it out, changed, to my own hue, my own color.  Perhaps my palette is just a bit lacking, although I've mixed up a few new colors with all those sketches that I did.  I wish, though, that I could have written something for flashygoodness.

No comments :

Post a Comment