Wednesday, February 22, 2023

What do you do?  After you realized that "perfect" isn't an option.

There was a a point when I realized that I would never be my "perfect" self.  I had to decide, what I wanted to do, with myself.  With "what was left".  Although I am still exploring what I wish to make of myself, I think that exploration has up until this point largely been positive and successful.

There was a point when I realized that I would never be "good enough".  That it didn't matter how hard I tried or even what I became, because none of that actually made a difference, or mattered.  That realization, of a hope, turned to dream, turned to illusion, and then vanishing.  I had to decide what to do with my leftover feelings.  Perhaps I still am.  There are certain things that trigger those feelings.  Remind me of what I could never achieve, not in a million years.

Again, life always poses the question, "what will you do, with these pieces?"  Which parts of the picture will you attempt to fill in, and how?  Will you stumble and fall?  Will you pick yourself up and move forward?  Or will you simply sit quietly, in the corner?  Ah, well, I guess that last one usually sounds the best, to me.  What am I worth, after all, if I cannot even accomplish the simple act of silence?

What am I worth, if not for that?  If not for "perfect"?


1 comment :

  1. A book once suggested that we should try to be "our true self" rather than being perfect. Perfection is someone else's criterion, and in some cases, it does not even exist. Perfect pixel artist ? Perfect chiptune author ? Perfect father ? what would that even mean?
    But that doesn't mean (desire of) perfection is a lie. Rather a fuel that can drive us towards mastering of our skills.

    So let me hope you can keep improving your mastery of your (already) awesome skills, and use them to better express what's deep inside you until you actually find your and express your true inner self.

    ReplyDelete