Thursday, January 13, 2022

I was worried about getting back into Rhythm Quest development, but I managed to hit the ground running with quite a lot of good progress on artwork this week, so I guess (unsurprisingly) there was no real cause for concern.  If anything I may have worked a bit =too= much...

Both quails ended up being boys...so they are going to be due for beheading at some point.  They are too noisy and useless to keep around, unfortunately.  On the plus side, it'll be a significant amount less stink with them out of the picture.  Hopefully dumbchicky doesn't mind that her two "children" (emphasis on the quotes) are going to be taken away.  Chicky.

I finished reading Typers (https://shanekentknolltrey.tripod.com/), or rather, what the fanfic author had finished.  I can't say it was amazing or anything, but it wasn't a bad read at all, though I've got precious little to compare it to -- this sort of writing I feel like is more up my brother's wheelhouse.  Shame that I'll never get to see a resolution to the whole thing, but at least my curiosity is satiated for now, and that's yet another loose thread from my memories tied up in classic Timm[ie] fashion.

Military concerns continue to be the bane of my campaigns in Emperor -- I've discovered that building some sort of standing army is an important early priority to get out of the way, otherwise the other cities feel too invited to start attacking.  The next mission is on a huge map where I'm supposed to found the capital of the Qin dynasty or something and I've got a strong feeling that I'll be forced to revisit the same city multiple times across the course of the campaign, so I should make sure that I set things up well.

I watched season 2 of The Promised Neverland anime back when I was still recovering from my cold and it was...eh.  I'd echo the general sentiment that it felt rushed and ill-equipped to portray what may have originally been a good plot from the manga (?).  However, there is a somewhat memorable scene where Emma learns to kill and clean an animal for food for the first time.  Having done that deed for many a quail in my time, I appreciated that they showed the significance of that and how it changed something in her, albeit small.

Things are going well, in general, but somehow my mood seems to have turned sour today.  Better luck next time I guess.  Tomorrow is Friday, at least, and there is the weekend to look forward to.


No comments :

Post a Comment