Tuesday, December 31, 2019

I'm addicted to trying to get things done...

This holiday season has been a pretty decent one.  Let's see if I can run through all of the different things that have been going on...

Wattam came out -- this is the crazy game I worked on for 2 years at Funomena.  I finally got around to grabbing a copy of it myself and it's been great (and silly) getting to actually play with it, and more importantly, seeing friends interact with it and play through it as well.  I'm reminded of a lot of the struggles that went on in development...

I released two new volumes (volume 4 and volume 5) of my custom ringtones series.  I don't know if anybody besides myself really uses these, but they're there anyways.  Along with the cover for Monthlies 2019.12, that makes 3 separate 100x100 pixel art drawings that I've done this month.  Feels nice to be able to churn these out with such regularity now.

I've finished my System Shock 2: UNN Nightwalker playthrough.  This one actually provided a good amount of challenge -- I went for a Standard weapons build and unfortunately did not manage to get to Standard 6 to use the assault rifle, so I was using the pistol and shotgun for the entire game, and barely managed to scrape by using the ammo and health that I was able to find along the way.  I wonder if my old Energy build would have actually fared a bit better since in that case you don't have to worry about ammo.  Heavy weapons 1 probably would have actually been a pretty sensible investment since it would allow you to make use of the grenade launcher.  If I had to give some tips to anybody else playing through this fan mission, I'd say that the french-epstein devices are actually relatively plentiful, so it might not be worth spending cyber modules on Modify.  I ended up with a fair number of ice picks too (I guess I always do), so maybe taking Hack all the way to 3 might not even be necessary either.

I tried out my first aLttP Randomizer seed!  I wasn't using the beginner mode, just did a normal open mode seed.  It actually ended up being a somewhat annoying seed, as I think it forced you to go to Turtle Rock twice, but regardless, it was a good experience trying to get more familiar with all of the different item locations and dungeons and all.  I'll look forward to trying more of this in the future...

I've finally gotten around to getting some spice organizers and racks for the kitchen!  Spices have previously just all been thrown in a cabinet in some non-organized fashion which makes them hard to access at times -- I've now got some countertop / fridge mounted racks to put stuff in, which not only makes the spices more accessible but also frees up the cabinet space, which will allow me to organize some of that stuff better.  Yay!

We are hoping for a Feb 22 Spring JaSmix date -- fingers crossed that everything works out there.  I'll also be DJing at FNW on Jan 24th -- been working out the setlist for that recently.

Xmas present and gifting is officially mission complete -- everything got delivered and mailed out as far as I know.  Excellent and let's go again next year!  I'll be enjoying the brief respite from letter writing in the beginning of the year.

Practiced some partner dance stuff.  Although my main struggles with dance have been socially and emotionally, I felt the need to work on stuff, and ended up working out a couple of various things, which was quite nice.

Thanks to a nice set of contact poi that was gifted to me for xmas, I'm now getting back into spinning!  It's actually been really satisfying getting a better handle on the momentum and control of the poi, especially now that I've got a set that has a bit more weight to it as compared with glowstringing.  I've still got much to learn, of course, but with the advent of super-helpful poi videos online and other learning resources, it no longer feels as much like hitting a brick wall when trying to learn various moves.

A bit hard to believe that I'll be back at work in just a couple of days, but it's an easier pill to swallow knowing that I don't actually have to go anywhere (not to mention it'll be a short week).  I'm beginning to realize the importance of having something, anything to look forward to when it comes to work, even if it's something really silly.

Overall I've gotten a good bunch of things done, including the aforementioned xmas gifts, some music releases (ringtones), and a bit of cleaning and such too.  I got a new external HD as well as a new SSD, and have migrated over to the new SSD (pretty seamlessly), as well as set up backups of external #1 to external #2, so none of my data has a single failure point anymore, yay!  I'll finish up the FNW playlist and try to get one or two more things done (album art for Remixes - Volume 2?)...it'd be nice if I could get around to a few other things too, like the 4-wide trainer or even an Unlock Everything update, but we'll have to see, some of those might still be left on the table.  Maybe at the very least I can play through the final chapter of Celeste...?


No comments :

Post a Comment