Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Drafted with my brother's MtG group tonight, after missing last week (b/c I didn't really feel like it and wanted some time to myself) and the week before (was out of town).  Was kind of tired, and I think mentally let that affect me, plus I was slightly rusty.  Was the first time I've drafted BTT and not really known what the heck was going on during the draft, though luckily I managed to come up with something pretty decent.  I definitely made some mistakes playing though...I think I lost a nessian asp b/c of forgetting combat damage dealt through my own Time to Feed not once but TWICE, wow.  I also made decisions that I regretted almost immediately afterwards but didn't bother taking them back, partly because in "real games" you can't just "take back" your moves, and also partly because I was just tired and didn't care 100%.


I probably shouldn't have gone in the first place since N is coming over tomorrow, but it was still good fun despite being tired.  Also, me and N (other N) are talking about doing trauma center co-op, which I really want to make happen, muahahaha.  Trauma Center is always a good time!

There's a Deca performance on Friday before Jammix...I guess I need to be sure to get enough sleep, otherwise I'm just going to be totally burned out Friday night.  I'm hopeful for Jammix, haha, let's hope that it doesn't turn out like the last one did for me.

Work has been...alright.  I think I've been "in the zone" much less often nowadays.  Probably for a variety of reasons, maybe one just because I've been a little more distracted, two because I have more different responsibilities to juggle around, three because we are actually trying to move more slowly than usual anyways, and maybe I'm just tired sometimes too?  Maybe one of these days I should just take a WFH day and sit down and try to just crank through things in my own home.  Get a good night's sleep, take a nice shower, just get myself comfortable and sane and just do what I know I can do.

I'm 5-0 in the Back Draft tourney at work...whee.  That one has been fun; I've certainly been putting a lot of effort into it.

I started thinking about making a Risk of Rain fangame using Unity/C# like a month ago, but...I'm not sure that will ever come to fruition.  I kind of already knew when I was in the midst of it that it was something that seemed too ambitious, so it's probably best if I don't try to pursue it anymore, but it was still a good experience to think about how I would architect out the networking logic.  So even as a thought exercise it was cool.

Ludum Dare is coming up in a few weeks, as is the Journey to Nyx prerelease, AND a Deca performance, all in the same weekend.  Yeouch.  It's definitely not a good idea to do the prerelease along with Ludum Dare, so I'm just going to do LD and skip out on the prerelease, which...makes me quite sad, but I bet I can just get them to do a sealed tourney at my workplace and just enjoy the new set that way.  I was considering doing the Deca performance as well, but in the end I'm deciding against it (unless they really really need me), just because...Ludum Dare is always super draining for me, especially since I put so much effort into it, and I want to stay sane.  Plus, we have oodles of Deca performances coming up, and I don't think it's the end of the world if I don't go to every single one.

I'm actually sort of intimidated by the thought of Ludum Dare coming up...like...am I ready?  I guess that's kind of silly, how "ready" can you really be for Ludum Dare, anyways?  I think I need to really think about what kind of goals I have for this time and what kind of thing I want to make.  I still have yet to make an "arcade style" game, and I think that could be an option.  I could also try and make something artsy, though that's often difficult to come up with ideas for...but that would certainly be nice.  I was almost contemplating how it might be to do hand-drawn animation, but...I really don't think I have what it takes to do that...I certainly wouldn't want to just go for it without any practice anyways.  Perhaps I'll try to make something with simple yet clean artwork.  You know, something with squares and circles and rectangles and such.  -Nice- looking ones.  And of course, awesome music, because that's always the most important part.

I've not been in the best spirits for the past few days, but...I'm still hopeful.  Just going to try and calm down a bit.

No comments :

Post a Comment