Saturday, March 9, 2024

Let's take stock, I guess...

It's been a week since the eventful night of VBall.  I didn't do a full recap, but I somehow didn't really feel the need to, either.  The vague words that I wrote already will have to suffice.

Anyways, I'll be out for a week; we will see how that goes!  As usual, I'm going in with tapered expectations and a hope to "take it easy" and have some time to myself to just enjoy a nice change of pace.  I mean, I guess VBall was an example of life taking my "tapered expectations" and smashing everything around, so I guess anything is possible...

It's been a mix of like, bad habits together with getting stuff done, but at least that doesn't really feel like a battle or anything like that.  I keep on alternating between not getting enough sleep and then sleeping in a lot, but I guess that's not really anything new.  We'll have to see if jetlag does anything about it or not.

I finally finished putting together my 70-minute diatribe about Ice Palace routing, and came out of it with an extremely good understanding of what should be done when going through the dungeon, so I'm happy that that has finally happened.  I still have to go and edit the captions on the video and publish it and all, but it's mostly done, yay!

I felt guilty again about having neglected my chickies, but today I spent some good time with and around them, making sure their bedding was replaced and their food and water topped off.  I'm not really too worried about them, but going up to see them daily is another one of these good habits that I'm going to have to make a more concerted effort to maintain, along with my morning skincare and just being on top of stuff in general.

At least, cooking has been going well, as usual.  I mean, of course, I have a few misses here and there, but mostly successes.  I've been making more purees and soups as of late -- earlier today I did a chicken soup out of the leftover trimmings and bones from a whole chicken that I roasted the other night.  I hardly ever make homemade chicken stock other than when I do poached chicken for hainan chicken; it was actually really refreshing to have.  I tried a corn chowder as well, which wasn't too bad.  I have been finding that the immersion blender I'm using isn't really quite cutting it for getting these soups and curries to really be smooth enough.  I have another one that I'll have to try next time, but failing that the only options might be to just get a more powerful countertop blender, or just a more powerful immersion blender.  Of course the latter is way more convenient, so that's ideal, but we'll have to see, really.

Cubing has just become a thing that I do idly now, I guess.  It's...still really weird to be doing it again.  What's going to be really really interesting is when I actually have the new LL algs in my head and muscle memory, and then start actually being able to compare times to how I used to do.  That will probably be a really fascinating experience.  At least I've been getting lots of F2L practice, trying to develop newer and better habits.

Well, on the plane ride I'll have my fair mix of things to pick from to do.  There will be some rando, of course, probably learning a few algs if I can, and I've got some anime to watch if I so feel inclined.  There's a bit of Rhythm Quest work to do, even, and if I'm feeling extra motivated I can even write some letters.  I downloaded FF6: Brave New World as well, though it remains to be seen whether I actually decide to get pulled into playing that or not.

No comments :

Post a Comment