Saturday, January 27, 2018

Handwritten Social Media

I have been wondering what various forms of social media would be like if we handwrote all of our messages instead of typing them.  I have always been a believer in handwritten works but I don't believe that they are or should be mutually exclusive with other forms of online interaction.  Can you imagine what it would be like when your posts and comments involve that sort of pensive sort of self-reflection instead of being throwaway responses?  When instead of single-click "likes" you have actual, physical stickers you can affix to your comments?


Now that we live in the era where taking and posting photos is so easy, it's more than possible.  I will probably try an experiment one of these months and try to use physical handwriting for all of my posts and comments for that month.  Let me know what you think and whether you'd like to join me :)

No comments :

Post a Comment