Friday, February 12, 2016

AoD + VBall

Really looking forward to donning my Journey cosplay again this weekend for AOD!  Should be a fun time; I'm looking forward to seeing AiviSura perform (omg!), getting together with the TGM folks for lots of tetris, and hanging out with my artist/partner-in-crime as she hosts her table at artist's alley, etc.

I don't actually have great photos of my costume at the moment (something that should be fixed!) but here's one from before fanime:


I love love love it!  Was really happy with how it turned out.  This year I also hope to add another "level" of embroidery to the bottom of the cloak, so that it'll look like a "second run" red cloak:


Thankfully this one shouldn't be too bad -- it'll just involve three lines of bias tape all around, and then cutting out and ironing on the little wiggly shapes using more heatnbond (I should probably have enough extra?  But if not I'll have to go buy some more).  Also, bias tape.  So much bias tape.  I'll probably have to go and raid Joann again to get more, hahaha.  So much bias tape...

I'll be wearing it to VBall this year too, with a petticoat underneath.  I'm really looking forward to it!

No comments :

Post a Comment